I am sure there are plenty users outside that are still using Cisco VPN Client. I should say that by default Cisco VPN Client does not work on windows 10. you may get different errors after upgrade to windows 10. regardless the error that you are getting, please follow the below instruction to run your Cisco VPN Client without any problem.
- Remove Cisco VPN Client.
- Install sonic64
- Restart your Machine
- .Install Cisco VPN Client
- You need to change some values in registry:
HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE/SYSTEM/ CurrentControlSet/ Services/CVirtA
please look for Displayname ( it is a key in right side panel)
- Open the DisplayName and change the value to :
Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows
by default value maybe be like this :
%@12393^0TCisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows
it means you need to remove all extra characters in front of “Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows”
after that you can use the Cisco VPN Client happily.
- Just remove those funny characters in Displayanme not other things.
- This solution works for most of the errors that you may get after upgrading to windows 10 but still I cannot guaranty that it works for all.
- If you do not have sonic64, please send email to me : firstname.lastname@example.org, I will try to send it to you ASAP
- I suggest you to uninstall Cisco VPN Client before you upgrade to windows 10. it can cause problem in some Machines same as HP Omen.
I hope this can help you.
3 thoughts on “How Use Cisco VPN Client on windows 10?”
Please provide links to downloads for the installers you recommend: sonic64 and Cisco VPN Client.
Here you are :
Sonic : https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vcqk0lflmbnvku/sonic64.rar?dl=0
Cisco VPN Clinet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrgovbfm0lkylwt/Cisco%20VPN.rar?dl=0
Great technique. It works now. Thank you very much!